Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Why This Was Created

Well I do want to start this post pointing out that Im not a blogger by profession not a writer thought, but After being in the trucking & logistics business for a while I got this weird feeling to start writing about what I know the most, lest put it this way; " I want to clear the mysticism that most drivers and owner operators have, ...Well lets say freight brokers and carriers too !!! It is this simple, each one mystifies the other one and so on.

Although this is a highly regulated industry (sometimes unfair) when it comes to asset carriers, drivers and owner operators it is not very regulated about the processes in which the freight is acquired by the carriers lets not mention the tactics and fairness used to tender these loads to carriers, specially to owner operators and small carrier companies.


In the following posts I will describe how most of the shady freight brokers work and the double brokering tactics that are used to steal the carriers, also how some of the unscrupulous carriers make the owner operators leased to their company work for almost nothing leaving them in a sure path to bankruptcy, I will teach you how to spot them, how to negotiate with them and how to work your lanes in a successful way, there is always risk and it will always be but the idea is to mitigate it or lower it down as much as possible.

Trucking is a very profitable business for the broker, carrier, owner operator and for the drivers also, as opposed to manny people who says owner operators does not make any money or that the carriers works for nothing, I think and I know it is a very profitable business when it is treated the right way.

Well this is my little grain of sand  I hope it helps the people looking for answers, I don't know if these topics are forbidden because I have not seen anybody talk about it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment